Request an Inspection Online

You can now make requests for permit inspections online! Visit our "Request an Inspection" page for more information.

Permit Information

A Building Permit is required if you are going to do any of the following in a commercial structure:

  • Build a structure,
  • Remodel a structure
  • Add a sprinkler system, or
  • Add a hood suppression system above a cooking appliance in a commercial building.

Use Permits are to be completed and returned to our office if you are going to occupy an existing building as a business, or if you have built a new commercial building. This form is to be completed and returned to us prior to occupying the building. This permit application is also used for stands and tents, which will be used for the retail sale of fireworks.

All questions may be directed to the Fire Prevention Bureau at 636-938-5505 between 8:00 and 4:30 Monday through Friday.

The Eureka Fire Protection District does issue permits for building construction, commercial use and commercial fireworks displays. We DO NOT issue permits for open burning, blasting, or residential fireworks displays.

Burn Permits may be obtained through St. Louis County Department of Health or the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. The Eureka Fire Protection District does require notification of open burning. Blasting permits are handled through St. Louis County Government or the Missouri Department of Natural Resources..

Commercial Fireworks Display Permits are issued through the Missouri Division of Fire Safety or Eureka Fire District. The private use of recreational fireworks is expressly prohibited by St. Louis County law, and City of Eureka and City of Wildwood ordinance. We strongly discourage the use of fireworks due to their dangerous nature.


Commercial Construction Information

 A Commercial Building Permit is required if you are going to do any of the following:

1.     Build a commercial structure
2.     Remodel a commercial structure
3.     Install or remodel a fire suppression or detection system
4.     Install or remodel an underground or above ground storage tank. (propane tanks are the most common)
5.     Operate an Air Curtain Destructor Open Burn Pit (DNR Permit)


Click Here to view the Eureka Fire Protection District 2012 IFC Adoption Ordinance # 34
Click Here to complete and print a Commercial Construction Permit
Required Construction Documents for Permit Application:

105.4 Construction Documents. The construction documents for new construction, alteration, repairs, expansion, addition or modification for buildings or structures shall be prepared by a registered design professional.  All construction documents shall be prepared by the appropriate registered design professional consistent with the professional registration laws of the State of Missouri.  The construction documents shall include the name and address of the registered design professional and shall be signed, sealed and dated by the registered design professional in accordance with Section 105.4.1.

Exception: The nature of the work applied for is such that review of construction documents is not necessary to obtain compliance with this fire prevention code.

105.4.1 Application of seals:  When construction documents are submitted, the application of seals and signatures on those documents shall be required as follows:

1. All construction documents submitted with an application for a building permit shall bear an original embossed or wet ink seal and original signature on the front sheet of each discipline within each set of construction documents; or

2. The registered design professional for each discipline shall place his original seal and signature upon the cover sheet of each set of construction documents.

            All other sheets of the construction documents, other than specifications or calculations, shall bear the original embossed, wet ink or mechanically reproduced seal of the registered design professional.  Any addenda or modifications submitted for changes to the construction documents shall also bear an original seal and signature by the registered design professional.  Such changes shall be clearly indicated.

B- Commercial Permit Fee Schedule. Add a new subsection:

The fee for commercial construction permit fee shall be $ .60 (sixty cents) per one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) estimated construction cost with a minimum fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00).


Use Permit Information


A Commercial Occupancy Use Permit is required if you are occupying a new commercial occupancy, or are a new occupant to an existing commercial occupancy.


A Commercial Use Permit provides the Eureka Fire Protection District vital information on the activities in the commercial occupancy. It also provides emergency contact information in the event of an incident at that occupancy after business hours to someone with authority to make decisions for that occupancy.
Click Here to view, fill out and print a Commercial Occupancy Use Permit Application
Commercial Use Permit Fee
$50.00 per occupant or tenant space
Permit voided after occupant or tenant space has been vacated.